and Burn Fat
- I like to do my S.A.V.E.R.S. routine every morning which takes roughly 30 minutes. It’s at that time that I usually have my protein. (see a previous note about SAVERS)
- Keep your protein clean. I have my favorite protein and here are some things to consider. It should be un-denatured, meaning that it was not extracted using high heat technologies and therefore the peptide bonds remain mostly intact. Source it from reputable companies who have reputable sources which, I use a powder that is sourced in New Zealand under very strict guidelines.
- I prefer Whey protein over other sources. Whey by itself is void of the dairy baggage so even those sensitive to dairy (like me) can consume it easily. My second choice is plant based protein (pea, hemp, rice, or a mix). Whey protein is generally easier to digest than plant as plant proteins can be a little slower and more difficult to assimilate but, they are both fabulous. Whey protein has been shown to have a higher fat-loss benefit over time so the effects are quicker.
- I prefer protein powder over food for this particular objective BUT, (big but) I do occasionally have eggs or activated nuts in place of powder. Why I like to use powder is for ease of digestion and assimilation. It takes far less of my personal energy to digest the powder than it does food. Plus, (big plus) I usually eat a meal shortly after so this also gives me the opportunity to consume a little extra nutrients in my day without feeling bogged down by heavy digesting.
- I like to use digestive enzymes and probiotics along with my protein powder. The kind I use already has these items in it. These extra items help to improve and ease digestion as well as promote a health elimination system.