The Right Yoga Wear
The main goal of choosing the right yoga wear is so you don’t have to think about it during your yoga session. As you know, the practice of yoga is one paying close attention to the body’s connection with the world. You start by cutting out the distraction and focus on awareness. This can be easily done when you don’t have to worry about your pants tearing any given moment.
Here are some tips on choosing the right yoga wear:
- Go for light and loose fitting clothing. Stay away from anything squeaky like leather, rubber, corduroy or denim. The best choice is linen and cotton. However it is not practical to wear too light or too loose either.
- You don’t have to hide your body rather just cover it. If you are wrapped in a sea of fabric your teacher won’t be able to see your posture very well. This will not only make it hard for them to offer insights for your practice but you will be struggling with the poses as well. The key is less is more.
- Should you choose natural fiber or anti-sweaty stuff? It actually depends on your choice. If you want to go for organic then opt for cotton. If you sweat excessively on the other hand, it is better to go for quick-drying yoga wear and allow your skin to breathe easier.
- Take off any excess baggage like your watch, sunglasses or your jewelries. Leave them all in your bag and never beside your mat. This will make you move easier without fear of breaking anything and will prevent anyone from tripping.
- Lastly, it is not about what you wear but how you feel in it. Ultimately, it all comes down to getting on your mat and doing yoga. Worrying about how it looks is a waste of time. Instead, be aware of how it feels. Set yourself up for greatness by getting comfortable during your yoga practice. A little bit of comfort can go a long way.