Benefits of Hot Yoga
According to the survey by the National Institutes of Health nearly 10 percent of U.S. adults are now practicing yoga. In fact, a number of studios have added classes that are conducted in rooms heated anywhere from 90 to 105 degrees.
What is Hot Yoga?
This yoga style is done in hot and humid conditions, usually heated to around 105 degrees Fahrenheit with 40% humidity. The class lasts for 60 to 90 minute and offers a series of postures. It aims to contract and strengthen the muscles as well as raise the heart rate to create a remarkable yoga experience with cardiovascular benefits.
What are the Benefits of Hot Yoga?
If you are new to the hot yoga experience and wonder why you should enroll yourself into a hot yoga class, read on to explore it’s amazing benefits.
- Hot yoga improves awareness. During your session, you will experience a new and overwhelming sensation all throughout your entire body. You will learn how to focus and keep your mind calm. Doing so will increase your focus and develop your ability to concentrate promoting a deeper level of awareness both on and off the mat.
- Hot yoga improves breathing. The teachings in the class help you to focus on your breathing – your Ujjayi breathing in particular. Commonly called “ocean breath”, Ujjayi breathing decreases stress allowing you to calm your body and mind.
- Hot yoga improves skin. Participants of Hot Yoga sweat A LOT! Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of excretion in your body with your lungs in a close second place. The toxins that are in your body will be forced out of your skin and breath leaving your body feeling soft, supple and refreshed.
- Hot yoga increases flexibility. Ever wondered how this is possible? Well, the heat is the reason for your body’s increase flexibility. It relaxes your nervous system allowing your muscles to give way to a deeper and safer stretch. By consistently attending hot yoga, you will notice that you will slowly progress to a variety of other poses and moving about your day will become effortless.
- Hot yoga relaxes your body and mind. Not only does it supply you with energy, hot yoga actually calms, relaxes and de-stresses your mind and body. This will leave you balanced, in control and ready to face whatever challenges you will encounter for the remainder of the day. You leap tall buildings with a single bound and accomplish anything you set your mind to positively and confidently. Ok, maybe not tall buildings…
Feeling motivated and ready for your hot yoga class? Check our locations and be prepared to experience yoga unlike you ever have before!